Happy October! It's one of the best months of the year, and it's definitely one of my favorite months to spend. We get thirty-one days of October magic, so make sure you spend them well! Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Go to a pumpkin patch! The best location for cute pictures, ever.
2. Carve pumpkins. Quick story: One time, we were carving pumpkins outside (in the dark), and Chris was throwing pumpkin slime at me. Some of it hit my face, but I was really focused on what I was doing, so I left it there for a second while I finished what I was carving. But then it started sliding down my neck. Except it wasn't sliding, it was crawling. And making noise. Because it wasn't pumpkin slime, it was a frog.
A frog landed on my face and I just left it there because I thought it was pumpkin.
3. Make hot apple cider. Put this on the stove (or in the crockpot!) in the morning, and your house will smell amazing all day.
4. Look up fairs around you! It's the time of the year where fairs and festivals pop up all over!
5. Read a thriller. Last October I read Gone Girl...stay tuned for this year's choice.
7. Watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
8. Have a make-your-own-candy party!
9. Make caramel apples! Pro tip: After you make them and cover them in whatever your heart desires, use an apple cutter to cut them into slices that you can actually eat, as opposed to getting 90% caramel on your face and 10% actually in your mouth.
10. Go thrifting for oversized sweaters and baggy sweatshirts.
11. Each time you feel thankful for something, say so out loud. Work on voicing your gratitude instead of your complaints.
12. Check out Bath & Body Works' fall line. Smell like a pumpkin, or an apple. Up to you!
13. Watch the Friday Night Lights Pilot. I was shocked by how many of you told me you'd never seen this show!
14. Go on a fall date. With your boyfriend or your husband or your best friend or your sibling...just have a night of your favorite fall things!
15. Go to Target, grab a pumpkin spice latte, and browse the halloween costume section. Once you've had your laughs at the adult costumes (the best), then move on to the pet section.
16. Get the Sephora Play! Box. It blows Birchbox out of the water, let me tell you!
17. Make an effort to love out loud. I think that so often, I just assume that the people I love know I love them. This month, make an effort to say so more, both with words and actions.
18. Pop some popcorn and celebrate the return of fall television! Scandal! Blacklist! Welcome back!
19. Make a list of some fall traditions you want to start! You know I will have some suggestions for this.
20. Bake something with apples.
21. Decorate your house for fall.
22. If you have a dog, buy them a pumpkin. Gatsby got his own tiny pumpkin last year and I really don't know who it brought more joy to: Me or him.
23. Drive somewhere the leaves are turning colors. Just enjoy how pretty everything is in October!
24. Have a picnic. October is prime picnic season.
25. Spend a morning outside, reading a good book.
26. Have a bon-fire. Bonus points for s'mores!
27. Go stargazing. Grab a blanket and go lay in the grass or on a roof and just watch the stars.
28. Go for a walk. Pour yourself a hot drink and just go for a walk without the intention of really getting anywhere, but just to enjoy it.
29. Surprise your co-workers or roommates with Halloween candy.
30. Dress your pet up for Halloween. You know you want to.
31. Celebrate Halloween however you want to!