Happy November! November is such a magical month because at the beginning of it, we get full-blown fall, and by the end of it, it's time to celebrate Christmas. If that isn't a good month, I don't know what is.
There are 30 amazing days in November, and you get to decide how to spend them. Here are my suggestions:
1. Drink a Caramel Apple Spice Cider.
2. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
3. Swing by Trader Joe's and pick up some fall goodness. I especially recommend the pumpkin butter, the pumpkin chai latte mix, and the pumpkin roobios tea.
5. Make a list of soups, hot drinks, and other November goodness you want to make. If there was ever a month to make soup for almost every meal, it's November.
6. Practice Thankfulness all month long. It's not just for Thanksgiving!
7. Remember that sometimes, the best part of the holidays is just being. We can get so caught up in making holiday plans and wanting to make sure we get to do everything we love about a certain season, but sometimes the best part is just relaxing, soaking up all the best parts of fall and Thanksgiving.
8. Get a fall picnic blanket. I realize that in some places, it's starting to get too cold for picnics, but here in Florida, we're just hitting prime picnic blanket weather. Even if it's too cold where you are, get a picnic blanket, light some candles, and have an indoor picnic--it's just as fun!
9. Make apple-cider sangria. Perfect for your picnic! Also, please drink a glass for me. I love this baby, but I miss fall drinks.
10. Plan a Thanksgiving date. A thanksgiving celebration for just you and your boo!
11. Plan your Thanksgiving. Are you traveling? Having company? Cooking something? Make your game plan!
12. Take some time for yourself and reflect on everything you're thankful for about 2015. Every November, I sit outside with a cup of pumpkin coffee and my journal, and write down the biggest things I'm thankful for since last Thanksgiving.
13. Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
14. Light some fall candles in the morning before turning all the lights on. I've been doing this in the mornings while I drink my coffee and it is so cozy. Second best thing to having a fire place!
15. Check your fall list-anything you really wanted to do that didn't happen? Don't pressure yourself to get everything done, but was there something you were really looking forward to that just hasn't happened yet? Do it!
16. Make a list of everyone you need to buy Christmas gifts for.
17. Pick up a winter candy apple lotion from Bath & Body Works.
18. Make a Thanksgiving craft. Place cards for Thanksgiving dinner, or a banner that says thankful, or whatever you want!
19. Bundle up and go for a walk. Walks during chilly weather just make you feel alive.
20. Go crazy and really clean your house before the holidays. You'll be so happy you did!
21. Make a list of Black Friday things to be on the lookout for.
22. Write Thanksgiving letters or cards to the people you love.
23. Spend an afternoon with your significant other and talk about what you're thankful for. Go to a park or a coffee shop and talk about why you're thankful for each other.
24. Start a Thanksgiving tradition.
25. Watch the Macy's Day Parade.
26. Celebrate Thanksgiving!
27. Watch Elf! My family always watched this Thanksgiving night to celebrate the start of Christmas!
28. Break out the Christmas decorations! The day after Thanksgiving, of course.
29. Get your first red cup of the season! White chocolate peppermint mocha! It's Christmastime, people!
30. Catch up on the sleep you lost over Black Friday by laying in bed, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies. Hello, perfect day.
How will you be spending your November?