Happy May! I am so excited about this month. We've got a vacation, Chris' graduation, and it's the start of Jack's first summer!
There are 31 days this month, so let's make them count. As always, I have a few ideas on how you should spend those days!
1. Perfect your iced coffee making skills.
2. Plan a trip to the beach. No summer should pass without a trip to the beach!
3. Make homemade sushi.
4. Make a summer reading list.
5. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Quesoquesoqueso!
6. Thank a teacher. Teacher's appreciation week is a thing, but when's the last time you said thank you to a teacher you know?
7. Tackle as many of the not-so-fun to-dos you have in one day as possible.
8. Celebrate Mother's Day.
9. Make your outdoor area somewhere you like to be. Whether you have an entire backyard or a tiny balcony, clean it up and spend some more time out there.
10. Play mini golf.
11. DIY a cheaper version of something you've had your eye on. An art piece or a home update...you'd be surprised at how many things you can copy for less money. Plus, it's fun!
12. Write down the three biggest goals you have at the moment and hang them somewhere you can see them every day.
13. Plan a quick vacation. This can mean taking a week off and going to another city, or just turning your phone off on a Saturday and doing fun things around your town.
14. Evaluate what you'd like to do before this decade of your life is over. 20's? 40's? 60's? What do you want to have done when that first number flips over again? Do your decade justice.
15. Make grilled pizza.
16. Stop on the way home from work and pick up the supplies for a project you've been meaning to do. Hello, Home Depot!
17. Learn something useful. Like how to do CPR or how to change a tire.
18. Make a summer bucket list.
19. Go to a flea market. Or antique shopping!
20. Write someone a thank you note.
21. Read an entire book. Make yourself actually finish it.
22. Put together a first aid kit to keep in your car.
23. Learn how to bake an apple pie. If you start now, you can perfect it by the 4th of July!
24. Plan a road trip. Anywhere is acceptable, as long as there is good music and good snacks involved.
25. Experiment with making different iced teas.
26. Go stargazing. It's a summer cliche for a reason!
27. Print a few of the 10,000 pictures you have on your phone. Download the Shutterfly app, they're always running free print specials.
28. Buy or make someone a gift without having a special occasion to do so.
29. Remember you favorite thing about summer as a kid. Make time to do that before September rolls around.
30. Have an 80's movie marathon.
31. Make a list of all the places you can get to on one tank of gas. When you have a free afternoon, look at your list!
How will you be spending your May?