Spending August: A To-Do List for Adventuring Through the Month.
Happy August! I already love today, because it's a brand new day in a brand new week in a brand new month. Fresh starts and clean slates all around!
So, how will you be spending your August? As always, I have a few suggestions.
1. Start using your planner! One of my favorite things about August is starting a new planner!
2. Try a coffee shop or restaurant out that's near your house. Sometimes we drive by places every day but never get around to trying them out. You might be missing out on a favorite!
3. On your next grocery trip, buy every kind of fruit you can. Summer fruit is the best, enjoy it while it's here.
4. Mail someone a letter.
5. Make s'mores.
6. Watch the Olympics.
7. Make a list of five big things you want to accomplish before 2017. There are five months left in this year, let's make them count.
8. Copycat your favorite Starbucks drink at home.
9. Try Yoga.
10. Make lemonade.
11. Have a backyard fire. If you live in an apartment, borrow someone else's backyard!
12. Clean out your closet.
13. Make homemade donuts.
14. Replace on of your daily cups on coffee with tea. Just one!
15. Journal more in August.
16. Start looking at coupons and deals that places you might shop for Christmas presents have. I know it's crazy early, but some places (Like Shutterfly) have monthly deals that give you free things.
17. Have your coffee outside and watch the sunrise.
18. Plan an at-home date night. Put some thought into it! Buy a nicer bottle of wine, cook something delicious, and rent a movie.
19. Make peach cobbler, or blueberry pie, or some other summer fruit dessert.
20. Read a book you know nothing about.
21. Bake a cake from scratch.
22. Watch the Gilmore Girls mini-series trailer approximately ten thousand times. If you've never watched the show, now is the time! PS: If you think I won't rewatch the entire series by November 25th, YOU DON'T KNOW ME
23. Eat sno-cones.
24. Do something you had planned on doing this summer, but haven't gotten around to yet.
25. Check out too many books from the library and spend a night reading instead of watching TV.
26. Go back-to-school shopping. It doesn't matter if you aren't actually going back to school, it matters that you take advantage of all the cute office supplies.
27. Go a whole day with no to-do list. Take a vacation if necessary, but give yourself a little break!
28. Get out in the sunshine and soak up summer while it's still here.
29. Buy your favorite ice cream toppings to keep at home. Why is it that I cover my frozen yogurt in gummy bears and captain crunch when I buy it somewhere, but eat it plain at home?
30. Take more unstaged pictures. The best kind!
31. Take time to live slower. Summer can be so busy. Take time to slow things down. Enjoy your coffee, don't rush through dinner, take a longer shower, read a book. Enjoy August to the fullest by stretching it out.