Thursday, December 1, 2016
Spending December: A To-Do List For Adventuring Through The Most Wonderful Month of Them All.
1. First things first: DECORATE.
DIY a countdown calendar.
There are so many cute ones, you could totally copy one and make your own!
3. Go visit a Christmas tree farm.
Even if you're not actually cutting down a Christmas tree, they're still fun to walk around (and smell, obviously).
4. Watch your favorite Christmas movies.
5. Watch a Christmas movie you've never seen before.
If you didn't see Love the Coopers last year, I recommend that one just for the ending.
6. Make Christmas cookies.
For Santa, but of course you will test them out for him first.
7. Kiss someone under the mistletoe.
8. Create your favorite Christmas music stations.
9. Experiment with hot chocolate recipes.
There are so many! White hot chocolate, cherry hot chocolate, coffee hot chocolate, boozy hot chocolate. Get to sipping!
10. Look up what your town offers in the way of Christmas celebrations.
Lots of towns offer free stuff this time of they year.
11. Leave a secret gift on someone's porch.
12. Have a fire and drink mulled wine and make smores and listen to Christmas music.
If that doesn't sound like the coziest night I've ever heard of, I don't know what does.
13. Make a date out of Christmas shopping.
14. Go see Santa.
Take your own kid, borrow a kid, take your dog...
15. If you are anywhere near Florida...Go to Universal's Grinchmas.
It is 100% worth it.
16. Send Christmas cards.
17. Go to (or host!) a Christmas party.
Bonus points if you play Dirty Santa.
18. Buy your pet a Christmas sweater.
It's a necessity.
19. Decorate gingerbread houses.
20. Go on a Christmas date.
21. Go look at Christmas lights.
22. Buy yourself new pj's for Christmas Eve.
23. Go last minute shopping.
Don't take yourself too seriously and you'll have the best time ever. This is the best people watching of the entire year.
24. Celebrate Christmas Eve.
My favorite day!
25. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Stay present today.
26. Be lazy.
Don't lie to yourself and say you're going to be productive today. You're not.
27. Make a smoothie.
Or a salad. New years resolutions are coming up and if you're anything like me you lived off of chocolate and candy canes all month long.
28. Exchange any gifts you need to.
If you don't do this soon, it just won't happen.
29. Go back and look at your goals/bucket list/hopes for 2016.
Pick an easy one you didn't do...and do it!
30. Reflect on 2016.
31. Celebrate New Year's Eve!
How will you be spending your December?
The Girl who Loved to Write
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
monthly to-do list
spending your month
Post a Comment
say whatcha need to say.
Post Comments (Atom)